Sunday, January 1, 2012

Rawk Your' New Year!


Today I made a few new high-vibe meals!
Stuffed, marinated, portobello mushrooms with raw "roasted" yellow peppers and a spinach salad with fresh sprouts. The stuffing is just sunflower seeds, celery and some herbs. I also made a simple and delicious sour kream to go along with it! It is made from one cup of cashews and 1/4 Cup of lemon juice blended in the Vitamix.




Living Wraps!
Now, these really blew my mind! They were SO easy and insanely delicious!
The wraps are made from 4 tomatoes and 1 Tbl of raw agave blended and then dehydrated for 6 hours. I had my doubts when I smelled them as I put them on the dehydrator sheets, but by the time they were done, they were so flavorful, sweet, and amazing! I filled them with fresh veggies and my raw spicy dill pickles and some more of that yummy raw sour cream.


Raw Strawberry, Kream Tart!




Here's to a new year and a new life, thanks to living, raw foods!
May your 2012 Rawk!!






4 comments:

forever growing said...

Definitely trying the wraps!

Dayna Martin said...

Enjoy! Thank you for commenting and enjoy your day!

~Dayna

Courtney Clay said...

Those tortillas look amazing! I will definitely try that. How do you prepare the "roasted" yellow peppers? I love all your recipes and photos, and especially your enthusiasm! After being mostly raw for 10 years, I am loving the fresh enthusiasm you are expressing... it's re-igniting my own enthusiasm for trying new things, even after all this time! This culinary exploration I began by "going raw" is continually evolving, and I believe it will forever!!

Dayna Martin said...

Courtney, thank you so much! You are an inspiration to me where you ate raw pregnant. Very inspiring! I have a new book coming out about birth and I share about raw foods and how amazing they are.

I tossed the peppers in a little bit of hemp oil and minced garlic and dehydrated them for about 4 hours. It softened them up beautifully!

Enjoy!

~Dayna