Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kickin' Key Lime Pie!

I created this recipe because of my incredible love for limes! 
I did a blog entry a few years ago about my search for Lime Starburst candy. They used to be part of the selection when I was a kid, but they got rid of them in 1978. Here is the blog entry that I wrote when I was pregnant with my son, Orion.


I have since had them gifted and mailed to me from all over the country. 
This pie totally gives me my lime fix. It is tart, creamy and delicious! I know it will rock your world too



Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups soaked cashews
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
Juice from 6 -7 key limes

Mix in VItamix blender until creamy and smooth!
I did grate a little bit of lime zest into the batter after it was blended to give it a little color. The texture is like coconut, so if you don't like that, you can leave it out.

Crust:
1 1/2 cup raw pecans
6 pitted medjool dates 
process in food processor and push into bottom of pie plate.

Pour Key Lime filling over crust

Set in freezer for two hours, then move to refrigerator. 

Prepare to be rawked
Side note: I made this trivet after an epic fail at making a bowl in pottery class. I never knew how much I'd use it! Sometimes what you think is a failure is a gift.



2 comments:

forever growing said...

So simple and pure!

Dayna Martin said...

Yes it is!

~Peace & Love, Dayna