Saturday, May 10, 2014

Raw "Nestle Crunch" Bars!


Raw "Nestle Crunch" Bars!

My favorite candy bar as a child was "Nestle Crunch." After becoming a LLL Leader, I learned about Nestle and their promotion of artificial mother's milk in third world countries and proudly joined the boycott. I am SO excited that I finally created the raw version of the Nestle Crunch Bar! It is raw vegan, healthy AND delicious! I swear, it is better than the original!

One aspect of creating raw recipes that I love, is making raw food taste better than the original when it comes to foods that most people are familiar with. Tiff asked me to make some raw chocolate today and while I was making it I spotted the buckwheat krispies. The idea flooded my mind and I was SO excited!! I added them to only part of the chocolate because Tiff said she didn't want any on hers. I kept my fingered crossed and when it was finally hardened I tried it and smiled and jumped up and down screaming, "It worked! It worked!"

Recipe: 
1 cup cacao butter
7 Tbsp raw cacao powder
4 Tbl of real maple syrup
1 tsp real vanilla
1 tsp sea salt (I like my chocolate salty, so add less if it isn't your thing)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup buckwheat krispies

Bring a saucepan of water to boil and place heatproof bowl on top. (I used a stainless steel bowl) Melt cacao butter, stirring with a whisk and once melted add cacao powder, vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk until mixed thoroughly. Add add the salt. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and pour the chocolate into the tray and let is spread. While still melted and hot, sprinkle buckwheat cacao krispies all over chocolate. Place the tray in the fridge for 30 minutes. Enjoy the BEST "Raw Crunch Chocolate" you've ever tasted!

Buckwheat Cacao Krispie Recipe:

1 cup organic buckwheat groats (soaked overnight, drained, rinsed, and sprouted)
3 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
1/2 real maple syrup or raw honey

Combine maple syrup or honey with cacao powder. Toss freshly rinsed oat groats in the mixture. Transfer to an Excaliber dehydrator sheet with a Teflex liner. Dehydrate four hours. Remove Teflex liner and dehydrate a few more hours or until crispy.